About CBM Calculator
CBM Calculator started way back in July, 2003 when we were developing an Export Management Software for one of our sports goods exporter. Before this we had worked on many ERP developments for our local clients. This was our first experience for export management software.
We had developed proforma invoice, invoice, packing list (maintaining different styles of packing list is a different story) and many custom specific documents. During all this experience we strongly feel that people mainly face problem in calculation of weight and volume of their shipment container.
Calculating Container's Volume and Weight, is not a very simple task as it seems and human errors can always happen. In every calculation we need to consider following points
- Product quantity to be ship
Product packing quantity
- Standard Pack (if ship quantity completely divisible with pack quantity)
- Non-Standard Pack (if the product quantity is not completely divisible than our last pack will be non-standard, it effects net/gross weight of consignment)
- Product’s weight
- Packing dimension (length, breadth and height)
- Packing’s weight
- Target container with weight limitations (We understand that limitations can vary from country to country and it will make things more complicate) with Volume limitations (length, breadth, height)
So we made a small program in our software that will do all the calculations and provide output for used weight and volume percentage in shipment container.
That small program, which is currently known as CBM Calculator comes into existance in late 2007. It was not as simple as to just take it out from our main software and make new software. We were missing the master data which was very easily available with our main software. So to keep things simple we ask for all the data from user and perform calculations. Once we had put CBM Calculator in public domain and rest is history.
For regular updates keep checking CBM Calculator Facebook page.